Wednesday 25 September 2013

Week 3

This week was the first week of teaching for the majority of courses in the university. However, unlike most British universities, each Faculty has its own specific starting date, with the Faculty of Science starting this Wednesday. It seemed a bit strange to start mid-week, but today I had my first ever Maths classes in Spanish, and so far they are going well. At the moment we are doing topics which I’m familiar with from the first 2 years of Maths at Southampton, so it is a more gentle introduction to the course. However, this is definitely a good thing as it is quite a challenge to study in a completely different language.
My Timetable, more or less


On a more exciting note, I now have a full house in my flat! All of my flatmates have now returned to Málaga from their homes. Within a few hours of their arrival we were already making a big bowl of mojito, which turned out to be pretty potent… I then spent Saturday evening teaching them and some of our Spanish friends how to play the British drinking game, Ring of Fire. This ended up being pretty entertaining, and it was a great test for my Spanish as we played completely in Spanish and I had to translate all of the rules and explain them well enough for everyone to understand.

RING OF FIRE!!





The rest of this week looks like it shall be a good one too, with a few nights out planned, a trip to Ronda and a tapas night. I’m sure you’ll be able to read about all of that next time round. Until then, hasta luego.


No comments:

Post a Comment