Wednesday 2 October 2013

October begins!

I can’t quite believe that an entire month has passed since arriving in Málaga, but despite the fact the weather hasn’t deteriorated at all, it’s now October and just over four weeks since my arrival.

This week has been the Erasmus Student Network (ESN) welcome week, so there’s been some great organised activities this week, including trips to the San Miguel brewery, the historic city of Ronda and a tapas night in the city centre. The brewery tour included a free bar where we got to sample all of the different types of beer the company offers, along with plenty of food and a gift of 2 free San Miguel beer glasses to everybody.



Saturday was the night of tapas, which was a great opportunity to sample a variety of typical tapas and drinks. This was followed by a visit to a really cheap bar nearby where they were selling beer for 1,30€. Not bad! I then found out that there is actually a nightbus to Teatinos, with the last the last bus leaving the city centre at 4AM. This is definitely a good thing as it is included on my monthly bus pass, so it’s a really cheap way of getting home after a night out.


The following morning was a bit of a struggle to get up after only 4 hours sleep, but it was the day of the trip to Ronda, so I managed to drag myself out of bed at about 7AM. This was definitely worth it, as it turned out to be a really interesting day, with amazing scenery, dramatic architecture and great food. Ronda is said to be the source of modern bullfighting, so it is a very important city in Andalucia and has a fascinating past.

















This week also marked the end of the language class that we’ve been doing for the past 4 weeks, with a series of exams on Monday afternoon. The exams weren’t as difficult as I had expected, and afterwards we went to the beach in El Palo for a few cervezas and seafood. I think I’ll really miss going to the language class; it was a great opportunity to make new friends and it served as good revision for a lot of grammar and vocabulary. Now maths classes have started properly, and with me being the only Erasmus student in the majority of my classes it’s a bit daunting, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it…

Hasta pronto!



No comments:

Post a Comment